You get the ball rolling by submitting an application. To manage the application process we partner with Submittable, this means that the first thing you will be asked to do is to create an account by providing your name and email. However, we know that most people visit the website to explore options before they are ready to initiate the application process, so we have made the application questions available below for your review.
An in-person or Skype interview is scheduled with up to three members of the admissions committee.
Admissions committee makes its determination and the applicant is notified.
Successful applicants who wish to enroll must submit a nonrefundable deposit to guarantee their space in the program.
Tuition must be paid in full 30 days prior to the beginning of the course, or upon acceptance if inside 30 days.
It all starts with your decision to submit a no-cost application, why wait?
Here is a sampling of the questions we ask our potential students. Very simple, we are only looking to make sure our students are prepared for our rigorous programs.
- In 140 words or less, tell us what makes you unique.
- Why are you applying to Montana Code School?
- Tell us about a challenge that you have faced personally or professionally and how you overcame it.
- Tell us about your professional/educational career to date. What are you up to now and how did you end up there?
- The ability to think in a structured way, both creatively and quantitatively, to solve complex problems is an important element of being a successful developer. Can you tell us anything that demonstrates your abilities in that realm?
- Describe your background with computer programming. Please be as detailed as possible. Feel free to include links to any applications you’ve built, courses you’ve completed, etc…
- Since this course is an intensive program and will require 40 hours in class and 10-20 hours of homework a week, how do you plan on managing the work load?